Monday, December 16, 2013

The Mother Goose Paper Plate Award



Entire Cast Curtain Call. Photo from Brenda Byrd.

A few years ago one of our younger St. Paul’s Players, Evelyn Stith, introduced us to the custom of the “paper plate awards.” Each production since, at our party, we’ve presented accolades to each participant written on a paper plate.

Hannibal Davis as Commissionaire Peterson. Photo by Colleen Fanin Arnold. 
 
This year, after I handed out the awards, I received one from the group, the “Mother Goose” award.

Janet Brooks Holmes and Hannibal Davis. Photo by Colleen Fanin Arnold.


Wikipedia defines Mother Goose as an “imaginary author of ... tales and ... rhymes” sometimes dressed as a Welsh country woman and other times as a goose.

Brenda Byrd with her "peeps" (family and friends).
 I remain proud as a mother of all my goslings in A Sherlock Holmes Christmas.

Brenda Byrd's cheese creation for our party -- The Blue Carbuncle.


1 comment:

  1. First of all, I would like to congratulate you on receiving the “Mother Goose” There is definitely a lot of happiness in that. During my studies, I have often received rewards for the many works I have done with the help of best assignment help online Service That's why I can Understand this happiness.

    ReplyDelete